The term arthritis stands for a disorder affecting the joints and muscles around the joint. Every joint in human body lies protected within a capsule. Cartilages occur at the bone heads of the two bones meeting at a joint. The joint cavity is filled with a lubricating fluid called synovial fluid. The cartilages at bone heads serve as cushioned pad resisting bone friction and allowing smooth movement of the bones.
Due to factors like aging, obesity, previous history of bone damage or infection and heredity, cartilages often get weakened and start wearing out. This phenomenon characterized by the degeneration and loss of cartilage exposes bones to friction. The bones collide, get rubbed against each other and get eroded. Continuous erosion of bones due to friction may reduce the bone heads to spurs or osteophytes.
All this leads to joint inflammation and is named as arthritis. There are numerous types of arthritis, but the most widespread types are osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, and gout. Osteoarthritis is common among the elderly masses. In case of osteoarthritis, aging triggers cartilage degeneration and bone friction. Rheumatoid arthritis attacks young people. It is an autoimmune disorder in which the immune system mistakenly attacks healthy tissues and organs. Gout is a condition which occurs due to crystallization of uric acid within the joint.
1. Consumption of freshly grated ginger is a very good remedy for arthritis. Ginger prevents the production of inflammation causing agents like prostaglandins and leukotrienes.
2. Drinking tart cherry juice, and massaging affected joints with paraffin or hot vinegar before going to bed at night, can give some relief from joint pain.
3. Homemade massage oil can be prepared by adding camphor or menthol to a carrier oil. Camphor and menthol are very effective in easing muscle tightness, and soothing inflammatory conditions.
4. Application of hot and cold compresses alternately can also bring down pain and stiffness.
5. There are some herbs such as alfalfa, arnica, black cohosh, boswellia, celery, ginseng, hops and rosemary that are widely used in the preparation of herbal supplements for arthritis. Many of these herbs possess anti-inflammatory and pain relieving properties that are helpful in reducing the pain and inflammation of the joints.
6. Rumatone Gold oil and capsules have seasoned herbal ingredients and are very effective in the treatment of arthritis. Massaging with rumatone gold oil helps a lot, for it penetrates in to the body tissues easily, thereby reducing stiffness and improving mobility. When they are used in conjunction, provide quicker relief from the arthritis symptoms.